I love the hustle and bustle of London, but every now and then I like some peace and quite. When I am in this mood, I love to visit some of London's best parks. London has some fabulous parks so living here we are spoilt for choice:
- Hyde Park: One of eight Royal Park's in London. The park covers 350 acres and houses the Princess Diana Memorial. It is a brilliant place to have a picnic and is near Buckingham Palace, Changing of the Guards and Harrods.
- The Regent's Park: Another of the wonderful Royal Parks covering 395 acres. London Zoo is in the heart of the Park and a short distance from Camden Town and Little Italy.
- Richmond Park: A National Nature Reserve with beautiful herds of Red and fallow Deer.
Dulwich Park is a favourite local park. The park is set in beautiful Dulwich Village. The village houses the Dulwich Picture Gallery and is a foodies paradise so I thought I would share some highlights with you.
1. Gail's Artisan Bakery: Is perfect for morning brunch on a weekend or cake and tea. They serve huge mugs of coffee too.
2. Romeo Jones: A quaint coffee shop with home-made cakes.
They also have a lovely shop selling beautiful kitchen utensils and yummy Deli food produce.
After a wonderful foodie feast I love nothing more than walking it off at Dulwich Park.
What is your favourite activity to escape? How do you relax?